Jadwiga (Jennie) Burba
- Född: 6 December 1911, Pittston, Luzerne County, PA., USA
- Döpt: Holy Rosary Church, Duryea, PA, USA
- Äktsk/Relation: Folke Ragnwald Bjorling den 15 Maj 1932 i Brooklyn, NY. USA
- Död: 12 Augusti 1973, Horton Hospital, Middletown, NY, USA vid 61 års ålder
- Begravd: 14 Augusti 1973, Wallkill Valley Cemetery, Walden, NY.
Her son Albert writes in a letter to Lars Ekdahl Jadwiga, Jennie as she was known, came to New York in the 1930's from here home in PA., with her friend, Aimee Penza. Both Jennie and Aimee lived in the Brooklyn area and met Swedish boyfriends at the Swedish Football Club. After knowing their boyfriends for a number of months, the men proposed marriage, both ladies agreed and a dual marriage took place in Brooklyn on 15 May 1932. Both families remained in the Bay Ridge area of Brooklyn for many years.
My mother was a very loving one, and brought her Polish customs and learnings into the home life we all enjoyed. She was fun loving, and outgoing [in married life]. She would feed strangers that would come to the door during the WW2. The dinners were always good and very tasty, Our Dad was also a good cook. We had the best of Polish & Swedish Foods.
Jadwiga gifte sig med Folke Ragnwald Bjorling, son till Albert Wilhelm Björling och Otilia Amalia Karlsson, den 15 Maj 1932 i Brooklyn, NY. USA. (Folke Ragnwald Bjorling föddes den 15 Juli 1901 i Marieholm, Döderhults församling, Kalmar, Sweden, död den 11 Mars 1964 i Goshen Hospital, Goshen, NY., USA och blev begravd den 13 Mars 1964 i Wallkill Valley Cemetery, Walden, NY..)